Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sorry I Have Been Sick

Sick
This is just a quick update because I have been stuck in the house where I can quickly reach a toilet for the past two days. I had a stomach bug of some sort and it was not pretty. The only thing left is sore muscles in my stomach a massive headache and a bit of a sore throat. Thank God the worst is over.

Farm and Garden
I had to postpone my trip to a farm that I am hoping to volunteer on. I did make it to the urban garden at the church on Sunday and I offered to help out. They are only about 5 minutes from my house so if they show me some things they would like me to do I would be able to go help most days that I don't have other projects.

My own starter plants are starting to grow. I will have to get some pictures of them to let you all see what I have going on. The cucumbers and tomatoes are doing well already but not the peppers and I am not sure why yet.

Chickens
Well I am kind of surprised at how well they are doing after two days of a lot less attention. They are getting much bigger and they didn't die with only having their water changed 3 times a day. I have not changed there bedding either as I had planned I just added more to it. My husband checked on them a few times each day too but they didn't get as much attention as they had been getting. They look good but they are rapidly outgrowing the tub I have them in. I need some sort of huge box or something.

Well off to get the things done that I have to do and then maybe a nap before I start sanitizing the house. I don't know what made me sick but it would be best if I make sure those germs are gone.

1 comment: