Saturday, August 6, 2011

EGGS

After several months of waiting I am getting 2-3 eggs a day right now and I should get more soon. They are tiny except there at this point I am guessing the first layer is laying a medium sized egg. I am really excited because my hubby broke the first two that were in a nice shell and we have two in the fridge. I plan to eat eggs for lunch today. There was a chicken in the nesting box when I went out this morning so I should have at least one more egg I am hoping for two more so the hubby and I can each have two eggs. I am thinking I will either scramble mine or make an omelet. I am really happy now it seems worth all the trouble. 

Well even if it was not worth all the trouble it has been fun to watch friends and family bring their children over to play with the chickens. For whatever reason most of the girls seem to love them but the boys are a bit scared of them. I really need to get some pictures guess I should charge the camera up and get cracking on taking pics.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the eggs! There is nothing better than fresh eggs from the backyard! :)

    ReplyDelete